-->

HGTV and Aging-In-Place Home Modifications




Recommending HGTV program for aging in place home modifications.

I did a presentation for a women's group and explained home modifications for aging in place.

This recommendation was not really for my company but for aging and home mods, that was what my presentation was about.  We all need to get out and speak with groups about OT, home mods and aging in place. 

My presentation was not on aging in place per se.  It was on looking at homes and modifying them to be more comfortable, overcome visual issues, preventing stress on joints and how falls are not okay along with fall statistics.

Here's what she wrote, we really need to market ourselves because there is an enthusiastic market out there. I think I'm in love with this woman!!  She is soo getting a free home evaluation or at least 50% off.:-)

Subject: Idea for HGTV program
Date: January 11, 2018 at 10:53:23 AM EST

I just went to a program for a women’s group I belong to where everyone is a Senior Citizen.  The speaker’s business is FUNCTIONAL HOMES.  It is amazing how they can identify special needs, evaluate what is needed in renovation, modification, or simply some equipment to give  a home functional accessibility for full service, barrier-free living.
 
I think HGTV should look into this for at least one new program  You would have an audience with need and interest.
 
Not only are the Baby Boomers entering that stage of life, but people in accidents, illnesses, and not to mention all the wounded veterans.
  
Your programs are all the same and are getting boring - not to mention so many repeats.  The “buyers” are spoiled, whiny folks all with the same wants - "open floor plan, this carpet has to go, wrong color. etc. etc. This “space” is too small.    Oh this kitchen is outdated - maybe 15 yrs. old."  Their whining is so annoying I have to click the off button.
 
Check out the website of the business that spoke to my group.
 


LihatTutupKomentar