-->

Working with The VA


I just had an opportunity arise to work with the Veterans Administration (VA).  I don't have any experience working with the VA on home modifications nor do I have any knowledge of their programs.  I will be blogging here about my experience.

This is what I know so far:

The veteran has some significant mobility issues, I don't know what they are yet.  He lives with his son who wants the house fixed up but doesn't understand that his dad needs the house to be accessible so the son is pushing for things that aren't appropriate, per my colleague, Rick.

From what I understand the VA requires 3 bids, and the grant amount is maximum $80,000.

I do wonder where is the OT in all of this.  I suspect each builder puts together his idea of what the project should be and submits a bid and the lowest bid wins but whose to say?  That's just my guess.

Anyone out there work with the VA?

I know some guys who have worked with the VA quite a bit so I'll be calling them today to get their take on this.  Any suggestions or assistance would be much appreciated.

By the way, this is D.V.A, the mascot for this project.   I think her name was actually diva but for this it is D.V.A.




LihatTutupKomentar